Alhambra: Linking Nations, Expanding Knowledge, Building Commerce.
Selected examples of the Chamber’s work provide a reflection of its mission, capacities and high professional standards:
- Alhambra is a member of President Barack Obama’s Partners for a New Beginning, an initiative promoting grassroots cooperation between the U.S. and the Muslim World.
- The Intensive American English Institute engages the Chamber to promote its services and for program customization to public and private entities.
- The Chamber is a strategic partner to Gulf Conferences, Ltd, and for the past three years has helped design, promote and deliver the highly regarded Gulf Education Conference & Exhibition to education, government and business sectors of the MENA region.
- Alhambra consulted with the College of Liberal Arts at The University of Texas at Austin, leading the effort to design the Global Initiative for Education and Leadership (UTGI) and to implement the center’s delivery of high-quality educational training and consulting to governments, higher education institutions, schools, businesses, and nonprofits in the Middle and Far East, Oceania and Central America.
- Alhambra works to expand STEM education and mentoring programs in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates and supports this effort through its role as an implementation partner of the Global STEM Alliance (New York Academy of Sciences), the STEMconnector® Project, and the Million Women Mentors (MWM) Initiative.
- The Chamber is using its expertise and networking capabilities to assist Concordia University Texas and The University of Mary Hardin Baylor to enhance their global profile.
- Implementation Partner to Professors Without Borders (PROWIBO)
- Promotional Partner to WSSEP Dubai
- Moderated a panel at WSF – Talking Science to non scientists.
- Chamber leadership moderated a panel, WIL Dubai
- Joined Future Learning Lab and LINQ and developed, facilitated, and moderated a panel on mentorship, gender and development.
- Alhambra is a proud partner of the World Learning Summit Norway of 2017.
- Assisted an overseas client with the agenda, website development and strategic planning for their conference.
- Participant at NAFSA 2017.
- Promotional partner to US News STEM solutions national conference San Diego.
- North American representative for Gulf Education Conference and Exhibition
- Anjum Malik was selected as a 2017 Global Thinkers Mentor for the Global Thinkers Forum, a non-profit, London-based platform that was incubated at Oxford University’s Said Business School.
- Selected as sole North American representative of The Oval Office, which has offices in Amman/Jordan, Auckland/New Zealand, and Cairo/Egpyt.
- Submitted proposal, launched, and supported delivery of the third cohort of Mexican elementary education students for the Proyecta 100,000 mil Program for two key clients.
- The Chamber leadership moderated a panel “Moving Beyond Gender: Embracing Cultural Diversity” at the Women In Leadership (WIL) Forum, Dubai, UAE in October 2016.
- The Chamber was a promotional partner and sponsor of the International Forum of Higher Education in Amman, Jordan, August 4 — 6, 2016.
- The University of Agder in South Norway and the H-Star Institute at Stanford University honored Anjum Malik as an Entrepreneur in Residence. She will be one of their keynote speakers at the World Learning Summit in 2017.
- As part of the World Learning Summit 2016, the Chamber curated a panel on corporate learning and strategies for mentorship.
- The Chamber assisted a key client with the development of a new educational product scheduled for launch by end of 2016 (market research, product identification, talent acquisition, product development, beta testing, and marketing plan).
- Anjum attended the NAFSA Annual Conference, May 29 – June 3, 2016, in Denver, CO and promoted Chamber clients to conference network.
- Chamber was a Promotional Partner of the U.S. News STEM Solutions National Leadership Conference, May 18 – 20, 2016, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Met with the administration, faculty, and children at Namouthajjyah School in Riyadh to develop educational programs for them.
- Delivered talk “Innovate Yourself and Your Career” to the administration, faculty, and students at Darrasalam Public School. Anjum met with Al-Yamamah University regarding ESL, workforce development, partnerships.
- Organized and presented a panel for the TALEEM Higher Education Conference in Riyadh.
- Promoted signature programs at select Texas universities at the Embassy of Oman and The Saudi Arabian Cultural mission in Washington, DC
- Co-organized the MENA Scholarship Program Meetings at the Hilton Paddington, London which was attended by representatives from 16 countries and the leadership of 9 scholarship granting entities.
- Chamber leadership served as Think Tank Leader at the Women In Leadership (WIL) Economic Forum in Abu Dhabi and spoke on the topic of “Innovate Yourself and Your Career.”
- Chamber’s Managing Partner was named Honorary Ambassador of the Polish Network of Women Entrepreneurship Ambassadors during the 2015 European Congress of Small and Medium Enterprises in Katowice, Poland.
- Edie Fraser, CEO Stem Connector recognized the Chamber for its global work at the Million Women Mentors Global Talent Summit in Washington, D.C.
- Submitted proposal, launched, and supported delivery of the first and second cohorts of Mexican students for the Proyecta 100,000 mil Program for two key clients.
- Partnered with Gulf Education to present the 2015 Gulf Education Conference & Exhibition in Abu Dhabi under the patronage of Sheikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan.
- Chaired panel entitled “Workforce Preparation: A Key Component of Quality STEM Education” at the 2015 Gulf Education Conference & Exhibition in the United Arab Emirates.
- Selected to Chair Panel entitled “Middle Eastern Women Build a Place in the Workforce Through Education and Entrepreneurship” at the National Association of Foreign Student Advisors (NAFSA) Convention in Boston.
- Signed MOUs with multiple institutions of higher learning at the 2015 International Exhibition and Conference on Higher Education (IECHE) in Riyadh, KSA.
- Successfully matched client needs to establish a strategic partnership that provided the basis for the application, approval and implementation of a multi year nationally mandated program – Proyecta 100,000 mil Program – that has the potential to train hundreds of Mexican students and faculty each year.
- Co-presented a panel entitled, “Breaking down the barriers – advancing an all-inclusive STEM economy,” at the Women in Leadership (WIL) Economic Forum in Dubai.
- Attended the launch of the Global STEM Alliance in New York City during the United Nations General Assembly.
- Formed Partnership with STEMconnector and Million Women Mentors.
- Partnered with EnviroJordan study tour.
- Named Implementation Partner of the New York Academy of Sciences’ Global STEM Alliance.
- Facilitated meetings between Oman’s Ministry of Fisheries and U.S. companies to accelerate interest in developing the fisheries industry in Oman, including infrastructure, fishfarming, aquaculture, etc.
- Introduced Dr. Sultan Abu Orabi Al Adwan at NAFSA’s Middle East Interest Group in San Diego.
- Initiated MOUs with Lebanese International University (Beirut, Lebanon) and Al Yamamah University (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) to explore potential areas of collaboration in international higher education.
- Featured presenter at the Gulf Education Conference and Exhibition (London, UK). Click here to see photos of the event.
- Initiated MOUs with the Ministry of Education in Liaoning Province and Shanghai International University in China to offer Fast Track Programs, faculty and scholar exchange and professional development.
- Named North American Partner for Arabian Gateway, a global event providing companies with the knowledge and connections to expand their organizations to the MENA region. As the primary promoter, Alhambra is taking a leading role in branding, raising awareness and recruiting for this unique event.
- Introduced and initiated MOU between U.S. top tier university and Arab Open University (AOU, Kuwait).
- Organized, facilitated and implemented a three day educational mission to Washington, D.C. for U.S. top tier university. Meetings arranged with educational attaches of Embassies, the US State department, the Director of the Hollings Center, Directors of the Aspen Institute, Deans of George Washington and George Mason Universities, and others.
- Selected as a Strategic Partner for the Gulf Education Conference and Exhibition (London, UK).
- Initiated a MOU between House of Tutors Learning Centers (Austin) and the International College of Auckland to offer online SAT preparation courses.
- Cosponsored and organized the 2013 Embassy-University Showcase in Washington, D.C., along with the Embassies of Bahrain and Malaysia. Brought together American and international universities with Cultural and Educational attaches to connect the diplomatic and educational community.
- Selected as a strategic partner for the Gulf Education Conference in London, moderated a panel discussion and wrote a proposal that won our client the 2013 Commitment to Education Award.
- Attended and presented at educational conferences and fairs in Qatar, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, India, New Zealand, Kuwait, Riyadh and the United Kingdom.
- Led missions for U.S. top tier university to facilitate international education cooperation in the MENA region and organized meetings with government officials (including H.E. Sheikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak, H.E. Sheikha Missned, and Mohan Jashanmal), US and UAE Ambassadors and senior university officials at Qatar University in Doha, Sultan Quboos University in Oman, Bahrain Polytechnic and Bahrain Supreme Education Council, Abu Dhabi Education Zone and Abu Dhabi College of Higher Technology, among others.
- Led missions for U.S. top tier university to facilitate international education cooperation in New Zealand, and met with David Huebner, U.S. Ambassador to New Zealand, Jessica Roland, Branch Public Affairs Officer, and Drew Dumas, U.S. Embassy Educational Adviser.
- Conducted workshops at the International Exposition and Conference on Higher Education (IECHE) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, which focused on studying abroad and professional development for young women.
- Identified the need, facilitated negotiations that led to the signing of an MOU with Imam University (IU) in Saudi Arabia for our client to begin offering Fast Track Plus programs to IU students.
- Successfully organized teacher training workshops in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. Alhambra identified local teachers’ needs, organized sessions, and coordinated and facilitated the workshops.
- Facilitated a meeting between Oman’s Ministry of Fisheries and Dr. Don Anderson of Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, an expert on Harmful Algal Bloom (“Red Tide”), to discuss solutions to Oman’s Red Tide problem.
- Invited by the U.S. State Department to participate in an educational mission to Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia. Arranged for our client’s leadership team to attend. Organized meetings with leaders of universities, businesses, and nonprofit leaders to discuss higher education challenges and opportunities in the region.
- Led educational outreach trip to Guatemala for our client. Coordinated meetings and provided consultation to top education officials in the Guatemalan government including the Minister of Higher Education, Commerce, and Economy, and met with local public and private universities to build relationships and assess needs and opportunities. Helped develop a consultation agreement and proposal with UCEN, a new university in Guatemala City scheduled to open in 2014, on best practices for faculty training, ESL and other issues.
- Organized mission and accompanied our client’s leadership team to Saudi Arabia and the UAE to meet with H.E. Sheikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak, Mohan Jashanmal, Tayab Kamali, and The Chief of Staff of the First Lady of Dubai, among others, to foster international cooperation.
- Developed Fast Track and Fast Track Plus programs offering accelerated learning and academic/professional enrichment to students of the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission in Washington, D.C.
- Presented at the International Exposition and Conference on Higher Education (IECHE), the world’s largest higher education conference, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Organized three educational networking trips to Washington, D.C. for our client and scheduled meetings with representatives from the White House, State Department, various embassies, and leaders of educational companies such as Chemonics, Plan International, and FH 360.
- Responsible for all domestic and international program outreach for a division of a top tier U.S. university.
- Co-hosted the Embassy-University Showcase, along with the Malaysian Embassy in Washington, D.C., bringing together around 100 U.S. universities, 20 international universities, and 30 embassies to discuss collaboration in international higher education.
- Partnered with Craig Newmark (Founder of Craigslist) and the Intensive American English Institute to design a needs-based scholarship program for young women from Afghanistan and the West Bank to study in the U.S. and provide job placement upon their return home.
- Provided consulting and teacher training services to Saudi Arabian private schools.
- Conducted workshops to prepare students for international study at IECHE and Delhi Public School in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Invited by the U.S. State Department to join President Obama’s Partners for a New Beginning (PNB) initiative. Attended the PNB launch banquet in New York City.
- Cosponsored the Public Diplomacy Luncheon in Washington, D.C. with the Arab Empowerment Initiative, drawing 300 participants from 40 nations.
- Completed strategic consulting, accreditation and advisory projects with Imam University, Saudi Arabia
- Anjum Malik, Alhambra’s Managing Partner, delivered the keynote address on the global educational franchise industry at the Franchise India conference in New Delhi, India.
- Conducted professional development seminars on human resources and cultural familiarity for the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission in Washington, D.C.
- Conducted seminars on visas and immigration issues for 25 countries at the Embassy of Malaysia in Washington, D.C.
- Co-Sponsored President Obama’s Entrepreneurial Luncheon with the Al-Mubadarah Arab Empowerment Initiative in Washington, D.C.
- Connected the Emirate of Dubai with U.S. scientists to manage harmful algal blooms (“Red Tide”) and facilitated a three year contract with The Ministry of Environment and Water.
- Conducted accreditation training for Imam University (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) deans and administrators in Dubai, UAE.
- Delivered international admissions counseling seminars to high school level students at Dunes International School in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
- Attended the Women’s Islamic Initiative in Spirituality and Equality (WISE) conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia where Anjum Malik, Alhambra’s Managing Partner, delivered a speech.
- Recruited speakers for the African Venture Capital Associations’ symposium in Cairo, Egypt.
Assisted the Bulgarian government with the Danube River Bridge Project and connected them with representatives of the Fluor Corporation, a global engineering construction company.
Coordinated the management of airport concessions in Slovakia with a group of aviation experts in Washington, DC.
Brokered a deal with Lockheed Martin and others that provided for the sale of used airplanes to fill needs in Eastern Europe.
Assisted a U.S. plasma technology company in bidding for a large municipality contract in Eastern Europe.
Connected real estate and business entrepreneurs to the President of Madeira, Portugal to set up a research and development park.